MINOLTA DIGITAL CAMERA

MINOLTA DIGITAL CAMERA

We hate to see a fire happen to others and while nearly impossible to eliminate home fires completely, there are ways to minimize the possibility of a house fire. In the article, we have provided 5 steps to help prevent home fires.
<ol>
<li><strong>Install a Smoke Detector:</strong> Installing a smoke detector in a home can cost less than $20 but will save lives. The newest models of detectors set off an alarm when a wisp of smoke occurs, allowing homeowners to leave a building immediately before contacting a fire department.</li>
<li><strong>Reduce Clutter:</strong> Homes filled with clutter are more like to have a fire begin due to numerous combustibles. A kitchen filled with paper wrappers and cardboard boxes is a fire hazard when someone is preparing a meal. Other areas of the home to clean include living rooms, hallways and garages where a spark could cause flames to increase rapidly, leading to a fire.</li>
<li><strong>Electrical Cords: </strong>Frayed electrical cords from lamps, appliances and electronics can cause fibers in carpet to burn. Homeowners should routinely check the cords behind heavy electronics and appliances to determine if the cord or plug is worn. In many cases, it is simple to buy replacement cords at hardware stores to prevent a home fire.</li>
<li><strong>Fireplace Maintenance: </strong>Due to the long winters in Denver, many homes are built with fireplaces. A fireplace requires routine maintenance from an expert at least once a year to remove debris in its interior shaft and exterior chimney. A knowledgeable chimney sweep will remove flammable creosote from a fireplace’s structure to prevent internal fires.</li>
<li><strong>Use Safe Practices:</strong> Using safe practices at home while working in a garage with tools or cooking in the kitchen can assist with avoiding a fire. Never leave foods unattended on stoves or have combustibles such as gasoline near welding equipment. Inspect your home carefully to verify that space heaters are not blocked to avoid a buildup of heat that can cause a fire.</li>
</ol>
If you have any more questions regarding preventing home fires or if you have experienced a home fire and are in need of professional, fast help, contact your friendly team at NuBilt Restoration &amp; Construction in Denver, CO (303-368-4688).